I’m going to tell you how to ruin a relationship because some of you seem not to know. Some of you seem to think equality will ruin a relationship between a man and a woman.
This is not true – it won’t work for you.
Its super easy to ruin a relationship.
If you need help here are a few ideas,
- Cheat with someone who looks like Aidan Turner
- Be really stupid
- Be really selfish
- Throw lots of tantrums
In case you don’t quite get it – EQUALITY DOES NOT RUIN RELATIONSHIPS!
So to all of you who have written to me telling me that Feminism is ruining relationships between men and women I would like to say a few things,
- Feminism is only a word that means Equality for Women
- Equality for women does not Equal Hating Men
- The only thing that ruins relationships between men and women is men and women acting selfishly and stupidly, I’ll say it again in case you missed it – equality does not ruin relationships
- If you are with a bloke who doesn’t believe in equality for women dump him!
- My husband is just as committed to feminism as I am – after all he has 4 daughters and a wife he adores
- I personally adore many men, my husband, my 4 sons, my doctor who is often also my friend, my art gallery owner friend Giorgio, my writer friend Mario in Italy, Marco Pierre White who has the hottest voice ever and the list goes on – adoring these men doesn’t stop me being a feminist.
- And this is most important – For the majority of women in the world the job of feminism is far from done and we must stand and demand better for those women. We do not live in selfish isolation.
I wish to thank all of you who have written me wonderful letters like this one,
THANK YOU! I am absolutely dismayed at the cavalier way many (obviously, not all) young women treat the feminist movement. When applying for an executive position, they’ve never been asked their typing speed, of if they “wouldn’t rather have someone to keep them warm at night than this job,” or hearing their interviewers say, “Well, we never thought about hiring a woman, but _____ company did, and I hear she’s done OK,” or “Sorry, we aren’t going to give you the job, but how would you like to have dinner with me?”
You are so right that as long as women anywhere in the world are chattel, we should be working to help them have access to education and jobs, and freedom from forced marriages and servitude.
Nana, Happily married (for 25+ years!) feminist.
Now I lets get back to discussing really serious issues like how the world can be divided into Legolas Women and Aragorn Women.
Personally it’s Aragorn all the way for me.